Number of modules: 10
Programme credits: 120
Fees per programme credit: ± R274
Total tuition fees: ± R32, 940*
* Fees quoted are 2022 fees. Fees are subject to an annual increase.
Important: The total tuition fee for the module must be paid before registration will be allowed.
Credit card is the recommended payment option and will reflect on your UJ student account immediately.
For online e-payments please use the following link:
- If you make payment at an FNB branch, ensure that your full name and student number are clearly written in block letters on the deposit slip, and that the teller selects the UJ Tuition Fee account for payment. Always use your valid UJ student number as reference.
- Please keep the deposit documentation in a safe place.
- Should you have any queries regarding the payment not reflecting on your UJ student account, email email@example.com and use your student number as the email subject.
Electronic fund transfers (EFT)
- EFTs must be made 72 hours before the registration period closes to ensure that the payment reflects on your UJ student account.
- EFTs made from outside South Africa take longer and it is recommended that foreign students make payment at least 10 days before the registration period closes.
- The ‘UJ FNB Tuition Fee’ account is available as a predefined beneficiary on the electronic platforms of all the major South African banks. Search for the predefined beneficiaries on your own electronic banking platform. and use your valid UJ student number as reference.
ATM payments will reflect on your UJ student account within 15 minutes.
- Use any FNB ATM that can accept cash
- Select the cardless services option
- Deposit the cash.
- FNB Recipient Name – key in UJ and then space, selecting the UJ Tuition Fee account.
- Debit cards (cards requiring a pin for the processing of your payment) cannot be used for online payments.
Cancellation & refund Policy
You can cancel your studies in a particular programme or module by official notification before the determined by the University.
Students are able to cancel their studies in a particular programme or module via their student portal or by submitting official notification to the relevant faculty officer before dates determined by the University.
If you cancel your registration before the end of the first week of the module (by midnight on Sunday, South African time), you will be entitled to a refund of 90% of the module fee OR to a credit of 90% of the module fee.
If you cancel your registration before the end of the second week of the module (by midnight on Sunday, South African time), you will be entitled to a refund of 50% of the module fee OR to a credit or 50% of the module fee.
On receipt of your cancellation, a credit will be allocated to your student account. HOWEVER, a refund will only be paid to the student on receipt of a completed refund application via the following link. If you fail to officially notify the university of your cancellation of a module after the end of the second week, you will not be entitled to any reimbursement or credit of the module fee. There will be no refund or credit for any cancellations in weeks three to seven of any running module.